12.13.2013

Foodie Friday: Taco Soup , Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

With all of this flu and freezing cold weather mess all I've been craving is a huge bowl of piping hot soup with some warm French bread mmmmm. As soon I get out of this mini hotel kitchen and home to my favorite part of the house I will most definitely be throwing a pot of soup together. Here are a few of my favorite soup recipes . They are both beyond easy and the taco soup is even low cal (but doesn't taste it at all)!

Taco Soup

Ingredients:

3 cans fat free chicken broth
1can chili w turkey
1 can black beans
1 can Mexican crushed tomatoes
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/2 onion 
3 zucchini
3 yellow squash
1 can corn


Instructions:
1.Sauté squash,zucchini,and onion until translucent . 
2.Add all ingredients together in a pot including the sautéed veggies and heat through.
3.Top with whatever you'd like. I use shredded cheddar a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips .


Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 

I found this recipe on Pinterest via Taste of Home and I added a few spices to make it a little more aromatic . I don't have any photos of my own of this soup so I figured this delicious looking one will do :)

Ingredients:

2 -10 ounce cans tomato soup
3 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon garlic powder 
3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups half and half 
1 cup milk 
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus enough for garnish
9 oz package of cheese tortellini 

Instructions 

1.combine all ingredients except tortellini and Parmesan cheese in a pot and bring to a simmer 
2.once simmering add in tortellini and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until done 
3.add in the Parmesan cheese at the end and allow to melt . If I don't have Parmesan I use mozzarella
4.garnish with extra parm and serve with warm French bread

Thank you for checking out this week's Foodie Friday post. If you try any of these recipes be sure to leave me a comment and let me know how you like it :) I love when people share  my recipes but please credit Foodie Fridays.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for following me ! I love reading and responding to all of your comments <3 Brittany