12.13.2013

Health Update #2

I got released from the hospital finally !In a nutshell, I had some sort of infection but the doctors weren't able to find the initial source . They did pretty much every test under the sun trying to figure out what was wrong . The only test that came back abnormal was the adrenal test. They found that I have adrenal insufficiency ,meaning my adrenal glands don't produce the right steroid hormones to help regulate blood sugars, fluid retention,sodium levels and other important functions. I will follow up with a endocrinologist when I get back to California and most likely start hormone replacement . BAD NEWS: another illness and another pill to deal with GOOD NEWS: adrenal insufficiency can usually be treated pretty easily . I was able to reschedule my missed appointments at the POTS Treatment Center so instead of leaving Saturday I will stay until Tuesday so I can get all caught up. I feel pretty good today and as a bonus ..... Its Queen Bey Day! This Beyonce album will be responsible for hours worth chair and car dancing , I can see it already . If you missed today's Foodie Friday post check it out. Sorry for the late post .Thank you guys for all of your prayers,support, and kind words :)

2 comments:

  1. That's so good to hear Britt!! Let's cook when you get back and watch movies...or chair dance to Beyoncé;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! Very glad that the adrenal deficiency can be managed with medication. Hope you are enjoying listening to Beyonce!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for following me ! I love reading and responding to all of your comments <3 Brittany