2.07.2014

Foodie Friday: Garlic Parmesan Knots,Reeses Cupcakes

If you keep track of my Foodie Fridays it's probably pretty evident that I'm a sucker for all things Italian. Last week I whipped up a quick pot of Spaghetti and didn't have any garlic bread which is a total must have when eating Italian. I mean seriously, I can't eat spaghetti with out bread I'm a glutton I know :/ We did have some biscuits  in the fridge so I decided to do something a little different. I had seen the idea on pinterest to tie crescent rolls in a knot to make a prettier side dish and I figured it'd work just as well with biscuits so I dreamt up a little garlic mixture and gave it a shot. Delish! I mean you can't really go wrong with garlic, parm, and flaky biscuits can ya?
Pin It!

Ingredients:

1 can of Pillsbury layers flaky biscuits
4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
enough melted butter to brush on biscuits

Directions:

1. Roll each biscuit into a log and stretch out to about 6 inches or so
2. Tie a basic knot then take one end and fold into the center of the knot and do the same with the other end ( sorry about my blogging fail I totally forgot to take a photo of this step!)
3. Bake at 425 for about 10 min 
4. Mix all of your spices and cheese in a bowl
5. Pull biscuits out, brush with butter and sprinkle generously with your cheesy spice mix
6. Put bake in the oven and cook until golden brown ( about 5 more minutes) keep an eye on them so they don't burn

Pin It! Last Sunday we celebrated my brothers 18th birthday and I made a few of his favorite treats for the occasion one of them being these sinful Reeses cupcakes. A basic chocolate cake with a Peanut Butter Cream Cheese frosting topped with a chocolate drizzle and chopped Reeses .

Cupcakes:

Ingredients :

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1/4 chopped dark choc or mini dark choc chips

Directions:

1. preheat oven to 350 and line with muffin tins with liners
2. stir flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt,in a bowl
3. add in eggs, oil,vanilla extract, and milk and beat on medium high for 2 minutes
4. add boiling water and stir in choc chips (FYI your batter should be pretty liquidy so dont freak out ;)
5.fill cupcake tins about 2/3 full and make for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
6. cool completely before frosting

Frosting:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon of half and half or milk
Garnish : melted chocolate and mini peanut butter cups

Directions:

1.Beat butter until smooth
2. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth and mixed well with butter
3. Add peanut butter and beat until smooth and mixed well
4. Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until creamy
5. Add in half and half or milk and beat for 45 seconds
6. Frost using a piping bag
7.Optional : drizzle melted chocolate on frosted cupcake. Chop mini peanut butter cup in thirds and set on top 





Key to a successful friday
Step 1: Get your ass in the kitchen

Step 2:bake up these cupcakes

Step 3:devour this delicious chocolately TREASURE

Step 4:cue music

Step 5: Proceed to Back That Azz Up!

Treasure by Bruno Mars on Grooveshark

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am drooling. My 100% Italian Hubby is going to loooooove when I make those extra garlicky Pilsbury biscuits! I suck at baking, so I may hold off on the cupcakes! But they sound A-MA-ZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I must confess , I'm a total garlic bread lover and wasn't sure that these would satisfy my craving but I couldn't deny the flaky goodness of the biscuits.

      Delete
  2. Both of these look so delicious. You are so talented! I'm so excited to try making these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kel! Let me know what ya think after you try them! I tend to tweak a recipe just about every time I make it so I'd love to get your feedback!

      Delete
  3. I think I just died and went to Heaven.. and gained 10 lbs on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to eat garlic bread with spaghetti too! It like cheese & macaroni! duh ;) your foodie Fridays are so yummy. I need a ice cold glass of milk after looking at those Reeces Cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Yes, ice cold milk and cupcakes yum :)

      Delete
  5. I think I could JUST eat the bread for dinner. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG those look amazing! I am going to have to try those Reeses Cupcakes. My husband would love those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for following me ! I love reading and responding to all of your comments <3 Brittany